Whether on an arbor, a fence or other structure, growing vertically is a great way to utilize space and add interest to your garden.
My top 5 favorite plants to grow vertically…
1. Roses! (Favorite: New Dawn)
2. Clematis (Favorites: Etoile Violette, Henryi & Jackmani)
3. Honeysuckle (Favorite: Major Wheeler/Resistant to Powdery Mildew)
4. Morning Glories (Favorite: Heavenly Blue)
5. Pole Beans (Favorite: McCaslins/YUM)
Top 3 reasons why I grow vertically…
3. Provides privacy.
2. To disguise an ugly view.
1. It is so charming!
What is your favorite plant to grow vertically?