Join Chris VanCleave and me for the Rose Chat Podcast— the only show on the airways dedicated to growing roses.
About the Rose Chat Podcast
It all started on Twitter … a Twitter stream dedicated to growing roses. This interaction inspired the idea of a radio show to broadcast rose growing info to a wider audience. From that, the Rose Chat Podcast was born.
Why Rose Chat?
The need to communicate solid information on growing roses to the next generation is essential and Rose Chat helps to fill that need by providing solid rose advice, interesting guests and the latest news from the world of roses!
What We Do
On each podcast we interview interesting guests who share some aspect of rose culture. We advocate good growing practices and fully support the American Rose Society not only by our individual memberships to the national organization, but also at the local level by promoting roses in our own backyards and serving in our own communities and in our local chapter rose societies. We believe it’s grass roots radio at its best…
Listen on demand to our archived shows such as the informative interviews with amazing rose experts like…
- Will Radler rose hybridizer and creator of the popular Knock Out rose and so many more!
- Video coverage of the Biltmore Rose Trials 2015.
- Paul Zimmerman curator of the Biltmore Rose Trials and author of Everyday Roses.
- Tom Carruth award winning rose hybridizer and curator of the rose garden at the Huntington.
- Danielle Hahn of Rose Story Farm (named one of the Great Rosarians of the World)
- Pat Shanley, Incoming President of the American Rose Society
- Carolyn Parker, author of R is for Rose
- Lynn Hunt on establishing a new garden and writing her iBook,
- Dr. Mark Windham, Rose Rosette Research
- Baldo Villegas the Bug Man
- Lucas Jack, former Biltmore Rosarian
- Jacques Ferare, Star Roses & Plants
- And so many more…. 120+ podcasts and growing!
There is something for everyone!
Who We Are
Chris VanCleave (aka “The Redneck Rosarian”) Past President of the Birmingham Rose Society in Birmingham, Alabama; speaks on growing roses, is the founder and host of Rose Chat Podcasts and is a tireless advocate of our National Floral Emblem, the rose. He and his wife, Tina, enjoy a garden filled with over 130 roses!
Teresa Byington Master Gardener, gardener, blogger and VP of the Indianapolis Rose Society. Her blog TheGardenDiary.com promotes roses as an integral part of the landscape. She is a co-host of the Rose Chat Podcasts and brings a wealth of knowledge and garden inspiration to the Rose Chat family. She and her husband, Greg, enjoy a garden of over 200 roses.
Rose Chat is sponsored by…
… companies dedicated to supplying you the very best in rose products. Check them out today!