I know that to everything there is a season, but I’m a gardener and I start counting the days until spring the day after Christmas. I live and grow in Zone 5b where I care for my large garden of roses and their companions.
I am an active member of the Indianapolis Rose Society currently serving as President and the American Rose Society, where I currently serve as district director and Roses & You editor. I am also a master gardener and enjoy the many opportunities to learn and to help others grow! I make an annual pilgrimage to Asheville NC to serve as juror of the Biltmore International Rose Trials.
Here are a few other things about me…
- I LOVE to dig in the dirt … dirt has an almost magical effect on me.
- I LOVE roses and get completely giddy when it is time for my roses to bloom in early June. I want to help others have the garden of their dreams.
- I LOVE to create flower arrangements to share!
- I LOVE to share my garden with others.
- I LOVE to speak to garden clubs and at garden related events. Contact me here or via my email here.
My blog tells of my adventures in the garden and in life, as well as promotes roses as an integral part of the landscape.
My very handy husband (the builder of fences, potting sheds, trellises, etc.) and I spend most of our free time tending our garden and caring for the birds, frogs and various other critters that join us.
I feel we are in great company because … “God almighty first planted a garden.” -Francis Bacon. Now the LORD God planted a garden in the east. …God took the Man and set him in the Garden of Eden to work the ground and keep it in order. Genesis 2
So, if you are interested in gardening, roses, flowers or if you find anything magical about dirt, I’d love to have you follow along.