Recently I made a trip “home” to the south and I noticed something. Even though I have lived in the midwest for 34 years, things change when I cross the Mason Dixon Line … not just things, I change…
- My speech slows … to a crawl.
- “You guys” becomes y’all … without even missing a beat
- My purse becomes a pocket book.
- I crave iced tea … sweet or unsweet, they just do something special to their tea!
- I get giddy when I see a Krystal sign … southerners you know what I mean.
- I fall in love with the mountains … again and again.
- I eat gravy. Enough said.
- I get to be a daughter.
See how beautiful it is…