The Grande Dame is a lovely and very fragrant hybrid tea.
Here’s what Weeks Roses has to say about this 2011 release…
Everything old is new again … or is it the other way around?
Here’s a clean mean flowering machine whose big bountiful beauties reek with old rose romance, style & fragrance. Each lovely blossom invites you to bury your nose…to swoon from the perfume of the ‘old time’ roses of your dreams. A big vigorous ‘shrubby’ bush whose nodding clusters, abundant deep-green leaves & low-thorned cutting stems provide a perfect touch to a landscape or bouquet.
- Height / Habit: Tall/Upright & bushy
- Bloom / Size: Full, old-fashioned, in nodding clusters
- Petal count: Over 30 broad petals
- Parentage: Meredith x Wild Blue Yonder
- Fragrance: Intense old rose
- Hybridizer: Carruth – 2011
- Comments: A modern antique for all climates.
Mixing old and new is what my garden is all about!
Here is the Grande Dame in my garden last summer. Stunning!
I now have 3 of these lovelies!