My good friend, Wendy Tilley, TheRoseGardener.com, and her husband, Ryan, have a garden of 350 roses and a business of caring for 85 rose gardens in the Atlanta area. So, they made it their goal to find gardening tools to make their job easier, more fun and give them the ability to be gardeners for a long, long time. This goal led them to some wonderful products for gardeners. Some of these products I already have and highly endorse, and others are high on my Christmas list. (Hey Santa!)
First up is a product that I’ve used for more than 20 years–
Harlane Plant Labels … read all about them here.
- Blade features include high carbon sword steel produced with a hard chrome finish and cold forged blade process.
- Anodized finish repels sap.
- Pressure injection die cast handles/body.
- Drop forged heavy duty steel handles/body.
- Self oiling center bolt for ease of maintenance.
- Patented two-position lock for reduced effort.
- “Auto-Unlock” – squeeze handles to automatically unlock shear.
- Ergonomic TPR (thermoplastic rubber) non-slip grips.
- Rotating handle reduces fatigue.
Bionic technology was first developed for hockey gloves, and evolved to batting gloves, catcher’s mitts and first-base mitts.
This technology is available in garden classic, garden extended-wear, driving/dress, golf and heavy duty gloves.
And, they are machine washable! Read more.
Easy Arrangers … Grids that fit over the top of vases. I have these and they really work! For more details, read on.
Wendy has many other great products for gardeners like the Muletto garden cart and even cute little rose purses!
ROSE CHAT RADIO GUEST…
I had the pleasure of talking with Wendy on the Rose Chat Podcast. To hear all about Wendy, how she and Ryan got started growing roses, their products and garden advice, listen here.
Wendy travels around the South East to garden shows and holiday markets. Click here for Wendy’s schedule. You can also find Wendy on Facebook (here) and Twitter @thegarose.
One thought on “Tools of the Trade”