The weather man says 90% chance of rain today and it is sure coming down. ☔️ It rained yesterday. Wednesday we had 1 1/2″ of rain and Monday (or was that Tuesday) we had 4″ of rain. It’s getting hard to keep track!
For now, here are some rainy facts…
- THIS JUST IN: In my next of the woods July broke the 1835 record for rain!
- The highest amount of rainfall ever recorded in one year is 25.4 meters (1000 inches) in Cherrapunji, India.
- Antarctica is the driest continent on Earth.
- The umbrella was originally invented to protect people from the hot sun.
- Louisiana is the wettest state in the U.S, which records an annual rainfall of 56 inches.
- On average there are over 1500 thunderstorms occurring on earth with 100 lightning strikes per second
- Rain drops do not fall in a tear drop shape, they originally fall in the shape of a flat oval.
- Rainbows are caused by the effect of sunlight on countless millions of raindrops.
- Annual averages for rainfall plus snowfall in my neck of the woods (Indy) is 42.4. No doubt we are breaking records as I type!
Blooms in the rain
I think tomorrow we have NO RAIN in the forecast … let’s just say I am looking forward to that.
I am itching to get my hands dirty!