Whether on an arbor, a fence or other structure, growing vertically is a great way to utilize space and add interest to your garden.
My top 5 favorite plants to grow vertically…
1. Roses! (Favorite: New Dawn)
2. Clematis (Favorites: Etoile Violette, Henryi & Jackmani)
3. Honeysuckle (Favorite: Major Wheeler/Resistant to Powdery Mildew)
4. Morning Glories (Favorite: Heavenly Blue)
5. Pole Beans (Favorite: McCaslins/YUM)
Top 3 reasons why I grow vertically…
3. Provides privacy.
2. To disguise an ugly view.
1. It is so charming!
What is your favorite plant to grow vertically?
3 thoughts on “Bloom Thyme Friday: Going Up …. and Over”
Great post. New Dawn just blows me away!!!!!
The only thing I’d add to you climbers list is in the morning glory family, Moon Vine……I always look forward to around 6 in the evening to watch them white blooms open and brighten up the coming night and smell that sweet fragrance…….
Paul From Alabama
Paul, Good reminder on Moon Flower. I haven’t grown it for a while.